Go Back   hailRedskins.com Fan Board > hailRedskins.com Fan Forums > the Cherokee Redskins Tribe

Old 04-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by garedskin
That is a hard fact.At least for the most part they get good players for the picks.
2nd rd to Denver for RB Clinton Portis.Traded Bailey as part of deal.
3rd rd to Jacksonville for QB Mark Brunell.
5th rd swap with N.O.(T Mark Wilson) We also got thier 3rd rd pick(TE Chris Cooley).*Deal made on draft day*.
Traded FB Bryan Johnson to Chicago for thier 6th rd pick.(T Jim Molinaro)
The 4th,6th and 7th rd picks where already dealt away before Gibbs came back.

2nd rd to New Orleans to complete 2004 5th rd swap and thier 3rd rd pick(Cooley)
3rd rd to Denver for thier 1st rd pick(QB Jason Campbell).Also got our 06 1st rd and 4th rd picks.
4th rd to Minnesota for thier 4th(FB Manuel White)and 5th rd(LB Robert McCune) picks.*Deal made on draft day*.
5th rd to Philadelphia for 04 trade for WR James Thrash.

So far 2006
1st rd to Denver to complete 05 1st rd pick.(Campbell)
3rd rd to Sanfrancisco for WR Brandon Lloyd also get our 07 4th rd.
4th rd to Denver to complete 05 1st rd pick.(Campbell)
Traded WR Rod Gardner to Carolina for thier 6th rd pick.
Traded QB Patrick Ramsey to N.Y.JETS for thier 6 th rd pick.

If Gibbs thinks he needs to make a move to better the team he will try to make a deal.Some people think that you have to build your team through the draft ,but as you can clearly see he can build using it both ways.It worked well for him the last time he was here as well.

Oh, I wasn't trying to be critical of Gibbs GM moves since he has returned (the only exception being that he waited too long to trade Ramsey and thus cost the team a first day pick). It was just my tongue-in-cheek way of cautioning everyone that the draft outing on Sat (Apr 29) may just be a lawn party with no picks to celebrate.

Dan Snyder should seriously consider moving the party to Sunday, when the Skins are guaranteed to have a bunch of selections. It may be the first time in NFL history where thousands gather to cheer picks no one has ever heard of made from the 5th round and below.

While I think Gibbs got bluffed a little in giving up the 2nd rounder to Denver in the Portis/Bailey trade, I can't quarrel with what Portis has meant to this team. Denver kind of had the Skins over a barrel because of Bailey's outright refusal to re-sign here.

Cooley's cost (a 2nd rounder) is on the high side. But, once again, I can't quarrel with the results. He has been outstanding.

Wilson turned out to be a bust, but 5th rounders often are. The school is still out on Molinaro. Although, it is not a good sign when Buges chose Raymer over him in the Seattle playoff game when Ray Brown got hurt. I don't care if Molinaro is a tackle instead of a guard; Raymer was not a guard either.

As for Jason Campbell, I have every reason to believe that he will be the QB that leads the Skins to the promise land. Gibbs spent considerable capital to acqure him, and Gibbs is almost never wrong about QBs.

I think White and McCune are going to be busts, but 4th round and below are seldom big "hits".

A 3rd and a 4th for Lloyd would be well-worth it if he is as good as Gibbs thinks he is.

I would not have given up a 5th for Thrash (especially since he was due to be released by the Eagles), but at least he has been a terrific special teamer both in coverage and as a sure-handed returner.

As for the low picks the Skins got for Gardner and Ramsey, it is about time for the team to uncover a late round gem like Hanburger, Coleman, Schlereth, McKenzie, etc.

I totally agree that in the NFL today there are many ways to build a consistent winner. The way Gibbs is operating--signing quality FAs in their prime, trading draft choices for quality players in their prime, making good draft selections with the remaining picks--has worked wonders to turn this franchise around.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Great Spirit

Don't you need to have a first day pick to have a draft party?

Old 04-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Great Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSkinsFan
Well we have one...

Old 04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSkinsFan
No sir you don't! I will be there (at least as of now it looks as though I'll be there). What other reason do you need?

Faithful to a Fault

Old 04-04-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis
Well we have one...
Give it time...

Old 04-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Shaman

Does anyone know when the party starts and have a link to get tickets to it? I will be there ready to drink.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by helimech24
Does anyone know when the party starts and have a link to get tickets to it? I will be there ready to drink.
usually starts about..11:00AM-6:00pm.....it's also free....they ask you to submit a ticket or a sheet provided by redskins.com...but you really don't need one.

May the LORD watch between me and thee, while we're abscent from one another....
May his peace be with you till we meet again my friend.

Amen

-Eric

Always count your blessings.

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/a...1.jpg&newest=1

Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefan
usually starts about..11:00AM-6:00pm.....it's also free....they ask you to submit a ticket or a sheet provided by redskins.com...but you really don't need one.
Is there a link on redskins.com for the tickes yet? I will probably be a little late getting to the party because my step-son's first t-ball game is at 10:30 on that Sat.

BTW, AKH you didn't forget about our drinking challenge did you? What are we drinking again?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:49 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helimech24
Is there a link on redskins.com for the tickes yet? I will probably be a little late getting to the party because my step-son's first t-ball game is at 10:30 on that Sat.

BTW, AKH you didn't forget about our drinking challenge did you? What are we drinking again?
No, the link isn't up. And it was shots, but if you want to have your shot at the champ, come to the after party.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:51 AM
hR Staff Writer

Just remember one thing: fent has to pay off his bet for doubting the skins' chances of going to the playoffs at the draft party.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
No, the link isn't up. And it was shots, but if you want to have your shot at the champ, come to the after party.
I am definitely coming to the after party, so put your drinking face on. Oh wait, it is always on.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 AM

Is the after party officially at Dave and Busters? I may only be able to make it to that, because of my daughters' soccer games.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:25 AM
hR Staff Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin_rich
Is the after party officially at Dave and Busters? I may only be able to make it to that, because of my daughters' soccer games.
Thats where the official Akh-Fent-Pgiddy-Hail2skins after party is. We'd love for y'all to join us. And we're going to plan to be there for the Skins' pick.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Shaman

Gotta love kids sports right,lol. My step daughter does cheerleading, and that is a real drain on time and money. But I am just happy that they want to do stuff outside of sitting around the house watching tv all the time like a lot of kids do.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhhorus
Thats where the official Akh-Fent-Pgiddy-Hail2skins after party is. We'd love for y'all to join us. And we're going to plan to be there for the Skins' pick.
Is Fent still going to be serving his penance at the after party?